Aviron, a Y-combinator company, is an experience-driven connected rowing machine built on an advanced gaming platform. We are excited to grow our team and share our vision of creating a leading fitness entertainment platform that motivates via gaming psychology and tech vs. the more common instructor-led connected fitness.
Backed by initial investors from Samsung and Formic Ventures (founded by Michael Antonov, the co-founder of Oculus), and having recently raised Series A funding led by investment firm Stripes, Aviron has over $23.5M in backing and is experiencing rapid growth (600%+ YoY) and top percentile user engagement while helping people change their lives for the better.
We demonstrate our commitment to improving the health and fitness of real, everyday people by not using models or professional athletes in our ads and growing a fanatical, supportive and positive community, which we highly recommend you check out to get a true sense of Aviron.
The pandemic has rapidly accelerated the in-home fitness industry and we're poised to continue this rapid pace of growth. We're looking for a passionate individual to join the OG team and be a part of our success story
As Aviron continues to scale rapidly and expand globally, the company is seeking a Supply & Inventory Manager, to drive the strategy and planning for our Aviron demand and inventory picture for our rowers and accessories. They will develop, implement and improve a weekly repeatable cadence that is coordinated with our internal manufacturing, capacity planning, transportation, distribution and logistics activities. They are responsible for optimizing inventory levels, inventory flow, and projecting supply based on varying demand through data-driven decision making so that our KPIs are met. They will also work closely with our warehouse partner in the successful execution of our logistics as we consistently evolve and improve our warehouse shipment and storage process.
As we grow, this role will be accountable to own and scale the fulfillment, logistics and return logistics strategy. To support these goals, they will maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements. They will also be the main point of contact for our logistics and freight partners
- Demand Strategy: Develop short and long-term supply and demand strategy that minimize total costs and inventories while maintaining/improving service levels to our members.
- Forecast Reviews: Drive monthly forecast reviews with sales, marketing and finance teams to validate demand and supply picture
- Purchase Order Management: Release PO’s to contract manufacturers based on inventory forecasts
- Netsuite Support: Ensure NetSuite ERP data is accurate
- Reporting: Use supply and demand plans to drive internal needs, e.g. with field teams to advise factory capacity planning
- Cost Mitigation: Focuses on reducing forecast error for assigned metrics in order to minimize E&O, air freight, and late customer orders
- Risk: Lead and manage resolution of supply chain risk/ exceptions/escalation. Strong ability to assess and quantify risks, determine scenarios and tradeoffs and recommendations with balanced incentives
- Efficient Transportation of Product: Proactive identification of opportunities for process and cost efficiency for both inbound and outbound shipments
- Supplier Management: Manage logistics and freight supplier capabilities for best-in-class speed and cost effectiveness in the delivery of our product
- KPI Management & Data: Identify and develop Key Performance Indicators that drive excellence in logistics, and build the logistics data foundation
Competencies for Success:
- Proactive: Ability to think five steps ahead, identify potential supply chain risk, and put plans, processes and solutions in place to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities
- Process-Focused: Experience in implementing solutions that drive supply chain efficiencies across demand and supply
- Critical Thinker: Displays confidence, courage, independent thinking and respect for diverse opinions when addressing business needs, engaging with teammates and with external stakeholders
- Collaborative: Develop strong relationships with our field operations team to drive delivery excellence
- Adaptable: Track record of operating in fast-paced, results-driven environments with the intellectual capacity to perform quickly under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, supply chain management, or another related field
- Proven experience as a Demand, Supply or Inventory Manager both domestic and international
- 4-5 years in Planning or Supply Chain within consumer products
- Possesses strong analytic skills, advance Excel skills and understanding of supply chain
- Self-started with strong ability to work independently, prioritize, handle multiple projects and take action
- Strong quantitative skills with strict attention to detail and proven ability to understand and act on financial and technical data
- Strong project management skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible, collaborative and excited to be part of a high-performing team
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Belief in the importance of transparency, open communication, and proactively sharing concerns/risks/opportunities