Aviron, a Y-combinator company, is an experience-driven connected rowing machine built on an advanced gaming platform. We are excited to grow our team and share our vision of creating a leading fitness entertainment platform that motivates via gaming psychology and tech vs. the more common instructor-led connected fitness.
Backed by initial investors from Samsung and Formic Ventures (founded by Michael Antonov, the co-founder of Oculus), and having recently raised Series A funding led by investment firm Stripes, Aviron has over $30M in backing and is experiencing rapid growth (600%+ YoY) and top percentile user engagement while helping people change their lives for the better.
We demonstrate our commitment to improving the health and fitness of real, everyday people by not using models or professional athletes in our ads and growing a fanatical, supportive and positive community, which we highly recommend you check out to get a true sense of Aviron.
The pandemic has rapidly accelerated the in-home fitness industry and we're poised to continue this rapid pace of growth. We're looking for a passionate individual to join the OG team and be a part of our success story
As Aviron continues to scale rapidly and expand globally, the company is seeking an HR Generalist to create and manage our strategy for supporting our people and our culture. This role will be responsible for the Employee Experience, inclusive of onboarding, training and skill development, performance review, employee relations, compensation and reward, and culture/team events.
- Onboarding: Manage strategy for onboarding and play a key role in orientation
- Training and Skill Development: Create approach for skill training for all team members
- Performance Review: Own the approach and strategy for annual and quarterly performance reviews, inclusive of strategy for creation of Individual Development Plans
- Employee Relations: Management and oversight of employee issues, challenges and needs
- Comp and Benefit: In partnership with leadership, support the strategy for compensation and execute benefit-related needs
- Culture/Team Events: Play key role in creation of strategy for employee engagement and ways to further the great culture that currently exists
- Guidelines and Procedures: Ownership of the generation of foundational HR documentation, policies and procedures
Competencies for Success:
- Proactive: Ability to think five steps ahead, identify potential logistics and supply chain risk, and put plans, processes and solutions in place to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities
- Conceptual Thinker: Ability to think about both the near and long term business strategy, and overlay organizational and employee needs into that
- Process-Focused: Experience in implementing solutions that drive supply chain efficiencies across demand and supply
- Critical Thinker: Displays confidence, courage, independent thinking and respect for diverse opinions when addressing business needs, engaging with teammates and with external stakeholders
- Conflict Management: A true expert in conflict management, negotiation, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Future Thinking: Keep up to date with latest HR trends and best practices
- Collaborative: Develop strong relationships with our field operations team to drive delivery excellence
- Adaptable: Track record of operating in fast-paced, results-driven environments with the intellectual capacity to perform quickly under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Proven 2-3 years experience as a Generalist within North America
- Possesses strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with outstanding ability to work independently, prioritize, handle multiple projects and take action
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Above average decision making and problem-solving skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, flexible, collaborative, and excited to be part of a high-performing and growing team